Gracie Central Coast Brazilian jiu-jitsu!
Gracie Jiu Jitsu – also known as Brazilan Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) – is universally regarded as one of the most effective martial arts for self defence. It is a style of which can be mastered by people of all ages and fitness levels. BJJ’s driving principle is that a smaller, weaker person using proper technique like leverage, joint-locks and chokeholds can successfully defeat a bigger, stronger opponent.
Why choose Gracie Central Coast?
- Gracie Jiu Jitsu is a proven, effective form of self defence. The same techniques you will learn that are taught to the U.S. Army, FBI, Secret Service and many other elite military and law enforcement agencies around the world. With 95% of all streetfights ending up on the ground, Gracie Jiu Jitsu’s focus on grappling on the ground makes it the best martial art for self defence.
- You’ll get fit! Training with Gracie Central Coast’s experienced and qualified instructors will dramatically boost your conditioning, endurance and flexibility – all contributing to an improvement in your general health.
- It’s fun! Gracie Central Coast and Brighton-Le-Sands prides itself on its relaxed, safe, enjoyable and ego-free training environment and our students always look forward to the next session.
- Competing is completely optional for any student, but for those looking to test themselves, a number of our students compete regularly in Grappling Tournaments and Mixed Martial Arts events (gi and no-gi). Our student base includes many Jiu Jitsu champions and professional Mixed Martial Arts fighters.
- Our network of affiliated academies around Sydney guarantee you’ll find one of our excellent academies near where you live or work.